Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Bell Master - A Real Ding-a-Ling

 
I must confess that as much as I always liked the Blackhawks they did have some lame villains. This one - real name Paul Peale - get it, peale like the sound a bell makes - decided to get even with the world for no particular offense that we're shown in the story. He feels he's been hounded by bells all his life so he adopts the identity of the Bell-Master. This is one of those theme criminals that show up a lot in comics - Batman and the Flash especially had a whole rogue's gallery of them - but then so did the Blackhawks at times. The Blackhawks are on to the Bell-Master from the beginning of the story and pursue him and his henchmen to the finale, where Blackhawk comments, "The next bell you hear will be the one in the prison block." This was the one and only appearance of the Bell-Master and I confess I'm not unhappy about that, but I did his action figure anyway. He was made from various GI Joe and similar type military figure parts and painted appropriately. The only thing I didn't give him was a bell to ring... but maybe....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment