Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rendezvous with Olivia


One of the people I really wanted to meet at Motor City Comic Con was Olivia D'Abo. I had seen her early in her career in Conan the Destroyer and Bolero with Bo Derek. She went on to a few seasons as Karen, the Hippie sister on the Wonder Years, and in the movies Greedy, where she played Kirk Douglas' sweet young girl friend and a number of other movies over the years. She was my first stop when I arrived at the show and we had a nice little chat. I had heard that she had appeared in a revival of the Odd Couple on Broadway and apparently live theatre is now in her soul and she's thinking about moving back to New York from California to pursue more stage work. She also told me that she would be at the Chiller Theatre show in October in New Jersey along with her cousin Miriam D'Abo, who I also like, so I might have to make it to that little rendezvous. Maybe I can get a picture with the two of them - I do so like group events.

No comments:

Post a Comment