Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Baywatch Babe - Gena Lee Nolin


More excitement from Motor City Comic Con. I had an opportunity to meet and visit with Gena Lee Nolin for a bit. For those of you unfamiliar, Gena was on Baywatch as Neely Capshaw and went on to star in her own TV series based on Sheena the Jungle princess - I featured the custom Sheena action figure on this site some time ago so check it out. Gena told me that she had an opportunity to meet Irish McCalla, who played in the 1955 TV version of Sheena, Queen of the Jungle, before the actress' death a couple of years ago. Gena also did a saucy pictorial in the December 2001 issue of Playboy. I've also met Tanya Roberts, who played Sheena on the big screen. There was a plethora of jungle girls during the Golden Age and some since, but Sheena was first and still one of the best. I may feature a few more of them as time goes by. I'm sure they are considered sexist and not very PC (Politically Correct), but I like them so that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment