Saturday, August 27, 2011

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agent - NoMan


It's been a few days since I posted but I've finally gotten nearly everything put back from the earthquake. Now we're awaiting Hurricane Irene, with its wind and rain and I figure I may lose power so I should post now. Today I'm covering another T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agent named NoMan - sort of a play on words because he's actually an android, but with the mind of a human being. Doctor Dunn had worked with Professor Jennings, creator of a number of special gadgets for the agents including Dynamo's power belt, and had helped create a number of highly capable android bodies. Doc Dunn is old and wheel-chair bound so when he's offered the opportunity of transferring his mind into an android body he leaps at the chance. The transfer is successful and now he can not only transfer his mind into one android, but any of the numerous identical android bodies at will. So if somebody blasts him with an anti-tank missile the good doc just transfers to the nearest duplicate body and he's good to go. Neat trick, eh? Needless to say a number of the stories have to do with this transfer and whether there's a body close enough for him to transfer to. He's also provided a cloak of invisibility, also created by Prof. Jennings, which renders him invisible in normal light spectrum's - and this decades before Harry Potter came along with his cloak of invisibility. As for the figures I used a Toy Biz Cloak or Quicksilver body (they're basically the same) and the head from a Toy Biz Gideon. I did the basic conversion and then four duplicates but since there's only one cloak of invisibility I only had to make one of those, out of T-shirt material.

No comments:

Post a Comment