Thursday, September 1, 2011

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agent - Menthor


I've been absent for a while due to that Bitch Hurricane Irene. I last posted Saturday, 27 August, then lost power about 9:30 that night and didn't get it back until Tuesday evening after 69 hours - a friend has tried to attach some cosmic significance to that number but I'll refrain from doing so. So now that I'm back up and operating I wanted to get another post up and finish my Thunder Agents, at least for the time being. John Janus is a newly caught Thunder Agent who is secretly working for an enemy of Thunder named the Warlord (Janus - get it? - two-faced). However, when Janus is given an invention of Professor Jenning's called the Menthor helmet he has a change of heart - or maybe more accurately a change of mind. The Menthor helmet enhances Janus' mental abilities to read minds, manipulate physical objects but more importantly alter his mental attitude, making him help Thunder instead of betraying them. Janus seems to have trouble hanging onto the helmet and has to keep tracking down helmet thieves. Finally he's killed and the helmet changes hands again, eventually ending up in the hands - or shall we say on the head of - a woman. I haven't done a figure of her yet but will probably pick up this narrative again if I ever do. As for the figure, I used a Toy Biz Silver Surfer and painted him like the Menthor uniform. Doesn't sound very hard now does it. Cheers, and it's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment