Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday's child has far to go


I had a bit of a problem with this one because who am I to say who has far to go, but finally I decided to give it a shot. For Thursday's child I picked Michonne Bourriague (pronounced mi-SHAWN bore-ee-AY I am told), who's one appearance on the silver screen was in Star Wars Episode 1, the Phantom Menace. The inset upper left shows her in costume and makeup for the role of the bounty hunter Aurra Sing, who has an on-screen presence of about two seconds as she looks down on the pod-race. Not since the period between Star Wars Episode 4, A New Hope and Episode 5, The Empire Strikes Back when Boba Fett created a great deal of buzz, has a very minor character generated as much interest. Dark Horse Comics, who has the rights to the Star Wars franchise in comic book form, has featured her bounty hunter character in a couple of series. As far as her acting career goes since Episode 1 she has done basically nothing. She wasn't even in Episode 2. As far as I can tell she got married in 2005 (which is certainly doing something) and she has been active with teens in self esteem workshops. If she does decide to get back into the acting biz in a big way I wish her luck, but feel she really does have far to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment