Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Taskmaster


The Taskmaster was a Marvel Comics villain who had so-called "photographic reflexes," which allowed him to watch someone perform a physical technique, either sports of martial, and then immediately become a master of it. Boy, would that have made my school years a lot less trying! He concentrated on watching superhuman performance and then he set up a school to train thugs in techniques and then farm them out to various criminal organizations. He's been shut down a number of times but always seems to stage a comeback - just like all comic book good villains should. It took the toy makers a long time to make a figure of Taskmaster so I had done one myself (on right) using a Toy Biz Daredevil body and the arms and legs from a Captain America and the head from a Doctor Doom. I used various little parts from my parts store and made a cloth cape with brass nails to attach it to the body. Then they came out with a Taskmaster figure in the 3 3/4" scale, which is quite nice, but with weak leg joints and a heavy cape it tends to try to recline while standing up. I may have to brace it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment