Thursday, June 16, 2011

200th Post - Erika Eleniak


I thought for my 200th post - a fairly major milestone in my blogging career - I'd feature another pretty lady. I met Erika at the Motor City Comic Con in May and she was very sweet. Most people know her best I suppose for her stint on Baywatch as lifeguard Shauni McClain, but her film career goes back to ET: The Extraterrestrial, where she kissed the character Elliott in the classroom. A friend of mine remembers her best for coming out of the cake aboard the USS Missouri in the film Under Siege. Some may also remember her turn as Elly May Clampett in the otherwise forgettable movie The Beverly Hillbillies. She also appeared in the centerfold of the July 1989 issue of Playboy. I personally remember being startled when seeing her in a really aweful movie called Dradula 3000 because she was incredibly pumped up muscle wise. I gather she's had some body image issues over the years. Dracula 3000 ranks up there with some of the all-time clunkers of movie history (one reviewer remarked, "To call this film shit is an insult to fragrant brown logs everywhere.") High condemnation indeed. In any event, meeting Erika was actually more pleasant that I anticipated, which just goes to show that you never know about people - or the parts they play. You may now all say, "Happy bicentennial, Dennis." Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment