Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mystique as the Statue of Liberty


Don't know if you all remember during the first X-Men movie back in 2000 when the team in black leather (oh, yeah, that really narrows it down these days, now doesn't it?) flies to confront Magneto and his gang at the Statue of Liberty in New York harbor. As they enter the statue's base they pass a human-sized replica of the lady with the torch and as they do the eyes open and we realize that it's really Mystique (played by Rebecca Romijn back when she was still a hyphenated Stamos). Of course Mystique could change into many forms, including several of the X-Men and I have a few samples with the Mystique figure in my collection. However, until recently I did not have a Statue of Liberty replica. Well, surprise, here we are. I found a plastic model kit and it was about the right size so I painted it the copper-turned-green color and there you have it. I don't think you can see but I even painted the eyes yellow. I always thought Rebecca/Mystique was really hot and thought so even more when one of my Catholic friends made a negative remark about her in body paint. It was also interesting to reflect on all the possibilities at one's disposal with a girlfriend who could turn herself into anyone in the world. Woof.....

No comments:

Post a Comment