Monday, July 25, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Modest Review


I'm sorry this has taken a week longer than I had hoped but life does catch up with a person. At any rate, for those of you who have not seen the last episode in the Harry Potter saga I would highly recommend it. I haven't read any of the books but I have seen all of the movies so I have watched the kids grow up to face this final confrontation. It does not disappoint. There are cameos by the dead and the dead accumulate in the battle for Hogwarts. There are twists and turns as Harry tries to sort out how to defeat Voldemort once and for all without dying in the process - no mean feat I can assure you. There are unexpected heroes and unanticipated alliances and it all amounts to a very good ending to the saga. And maybe that's the main thing about the whole tale - it's a really good story. When I saw Deathly Hallows Part 1 I thought it was rather stretched out and maybe they could have combined everything into one movie but in retrospect I'm really glad they did it the way they have. There was too much important material to cram into one movie. For anyone who has an interest in the saga I would highly recommend seeing this one and I don't want to spoil anything by giving too much out about it. I did not see it in 3D so I can't really say anything about the quality of that particular technical aspect. I'm actually a little weary of 3D. Maybe I'll do a 3D post one of these days. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment