Thursday, April 22, 2010

Golden Age Action Figures - Green Giant

 
From the very small yesterday to the really big today, this is the first and only comic book superhero character that I know of that was inspired by the mascot for a can of peas (ho, ho, ho). He is also one of the most obscure characters in the history of comics. He appeared in one issue of Green Giant Comics that was apparently only distributed in the greater New York City area in 1940. I have never seen the comic or any of the content. Apparently he was also known as Mr. Brentwood and could grow to a maximum height of 15 stories (everything's big in New York). Otherwise I don't know much at all about him. But I decided he would be a fun character to do so here he is. I used a 10" Toy Biz Daredevil action figure and glued a piece of cord around his waist as the rope belt. Otherwise it was just a lot of paint.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wow, do you still have this? I'd love to have one for my husband (and more if possible for each of the grandchildren) . . . my husband's father, George Kapitan, was the creator of the Green Giant during the Golden Age of Comics. Reach me at ggk454 at gmail

    ReplyDelete