Wednesday, August 8, 2012

J'oan J'onzz


I chose this particular character for two reasons today. First to celebrate the successful landing of a new rover on the planet Mars-may it have a long and successful mission. Secondly, to demonstrate that sometimes you have a minimal amount of data with which to do a custom figure. The figure I chose is from the graphic novel series Kingdom Come, where in the character annotations she is described as J'oan J'onzz, clone of J'onn J'onzz's late daughter (he was the original Martian Manhunter). Frankly I didn't even know he had a daughter, but what the heck. There were very few representations of her in the graphic novel and I think I have most if not all of them in a collage next to the picture. She basically wore the same costume (and presumably had the same powers) as the original Manhunter from Mars, if you really want to dignify a couple of straps, a cape, shorts and boots as a costume. Anyway, they look a whole lot hotter on her than they did on him! I used a Toy Biz Dagger figure for the body and a Star Trek Ilia probe head. I used Skulpy for the tops of the boots and a small plastic disk for the belt buckle. The cape was crafted from my usual T-shirt material. Anyone want to take odds that the new rover will find hot, green-skinned chicks on the red planet? I didn't think so. Did I ever mention my particular fondness for bald women? No? Probably a discussion best left for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment