Monday, August 27, 2012

Marauder and Wild Huntsman - a Twofer


I was going to continue with my villains stream of posts with the Marauder today, but I sort of wanted to show what the original figure looked like so I'm doubling up. On the right is a Superior models figure of Odin, king of the Norse gods. I thought he would make a good version of the Global Guardians character Wild Huntsman so I painted him accordingly. The Wild Huntsman was really Albrecht von Mannheim of West Germany who battled evil with his magical sword, shield, ax and helmet. He rides a flying black horse named Orkan (Hurricane) and has a powerful black hound named Donnerschlag (Thunderclap). Then I thought the Odin figure could be modified to make the DC Comics villain Marauder. I discovered him in Action Comics No. 417, October 1972, where he teams with Brainiac, Luthor and another alien villain to battle Superman. I removed most of his costume details, which took a lot of Dremeling, leaving the wrist-bands and his belt buckle along with the helmet. I removed the horns from the helm and replaced them with epoxy putty for the helmet ornaments. All in all I was pretty pleased with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment