Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mego Captain America



As you may or may not know, Mego has been known over the years for producing eight inch superhero and other action figures with cloth outfits. They have a big following in the secondary market-place but I've never particularly liked them - basically too big, kind of fragile (their joints were rather weak) and a little clunky. Plus I'm not a seamstress. The best I can manage in cloth is a cape and the odd cloak or robe. Anyway, in addition to their eight inch figure line Mego also produced some superhero figures in 3 3/4" scale, including a few DC and a few Marvel figures in the late 1970s/early 1980s. I never really paid too much attention to them in the past but I've recently been scaling back my larger figure collection (5-7 inches) to the space-saving 3 3/4", so when I saw a Mego Captain America on ebay I thought it might have some potential. The basic figure I bought (at right) was the basic plain figure Mego used to sell. The left pic is after I got through with it and added a shield. I was actually surprised at the amount of detail in the figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment