Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nova Corps Samaya


Marvel Comics Nova Corps I suppose is a little like DC Comics Green Lantern Corps. We were first introduced to Nova when a dying alien bestowed the power on an earth Teen named Richard Ryder way back in the 1970's. Since then some of the back story has sort of morphed, but the Corps is basically an ethnically diverse intergalactic police force made up of a whole host of aliens. Samaya (nicknamed Sam) is a Centaurian from the same planet as Yondu of the Guardians of the Galaxy. They have the characteristic red crest on the back of their heads - with a slit in the helmet to match - and blue skin. I really liked the look of Sam so I took a GI Joe Scarlet figure and the head from a Star Wars Aurra Sing figure and used sheet plastic to make the crest. Now I can place her next to my Richard Ryder Nova and have two members of the Nova Corps.

No comments:

Post a Comment