Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Superboy in the Golden Age


I finished up with my roads not taken posts, but my Superboy posts aren't finished yet. I also did Superboy as I first remembered him, back in the 1950's. These are the stories that stuck in my head over the years and I have actually collected some of the comics in later years - never forgiven mom for giving away my comics, but never let her know. Anyway, this was the sort of early teen years of the boy of steel and a lot of the stories dealt with him trying to protect his secret identity from nosy Lana Lang, just like he would grow up to do with Lois Lane. Sometimes the logic of the stories didn't hold up to close scrutiny but then maybe that was half the fun. Sometimes modern comics are so realistic that they leave out the fun part. Anyway, I'm going to do a few more posts concerning the early Superboy's supporting cast over the next few days so be on the look-out. This Superboy was made using the body from a CHIPS Jimmy Squeaks action figure, who has just the right kind of belt, and the head from another GI Joe figure. The cape is from a Toy Biz Superman.

No comments:

Post a Comment