Sunday, September 4, 2011

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Villain - Iron Maiden


Sometimes characters in comics are very difficult to translate to a three-dimensional medium. So what do you do? Well, you look around and you keep an eye out for good prospects. I liked the character of Iron Maiden in the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. comics - she was always trying to beg, borrow, steal or seduce what she wanted away from the rest of the world, but mostly from Dynamo, who seemed to be the regular target of her larceny. I just didn't know what sort of figure I could use for her. Then I discovered an English company called Denizen Miniatures, who had a nice little range of 90mm figures, among which was the Lady Karlin. I thought she'd make a nice Iron Maiden and I think she looks pretty good in the part. I even finished her off with a cloth cape. You never know where you'll find something that will work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment