Friday, November 11, 2011

Patriotic Hero - G2


I thought I would interrupt my Big Bang stream of posts in honor of Veteran's Day (11/11/11) for a character from the Quality Comics stable of heroes. I confess I don't have a lot of detail about G2, who in his non-costumed identity was Don Leash. In the one story I have of his adventures he's battling spies on American shores and then goes to England pursuing a woman who implies she's the ghost of Mata Hari. Don seems to be able to transform into G2 at will, and I suspect back again, but how he does it isn't explained. Otherwise he seems to be a fellow in terrific physical shape with a good head on his shoulders but nothing particularly super-powered. At one point in the story he gets hit on the head and knocked out, but that was in his Don Leash guise so I'm not sure if he's less susceptible in his G2 persona. At any rate he catches up with the bogus Mata Hari at the end of the story and finds her "ghost" act was some smoke and flash. Can't ever trust those spy women. I made G2 from a Toy Biz Daredevil body, the legs from a Captain America, the arms from a Hasbro Bruce Wayne, the head from a JLA Atom and the holstered gun from a Jurassic Park Muldoon - lots of parts and pieces. Hope you enjoyed it and again, have a pleasant Veteran's day or, for my international correspondents to whom it may apply, Armistice Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment