Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rita Repulsa and the Bustier


I stumbled across this Power Rangers action figure, called Rita Repulsa, the other day and just had to buy it. I've never watched Power Rangers and I have very few of the figures in my collection, but this one sorta called out to me. Why, you may ask. Well, it conjured a number of images. First I thought of Madonna (pic on right) and her bustier tour - that was what it was called, wasn't it? Anyway, the bustier was the star of the show and it surprised me a little that a mainstream toy manufacturer was doing an action figure with them. What was scandalous a few years ago is part of the pop culture today. How we progress. It also reminded me of the soft-core adult film Flesh Gordon from back in the 1970s. One of the weapons in the film was something called power pasties. I've never seen Rita Repulsa in action but if the bustier doesn't fire something, Ala the power pasties, they are certainly missing a bet. Just a few observations from a quiet, gloomy, boring Sunday at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment